What to Bring
Here are some of the most important items to consider bringing with you should you visit the farm. This list also provides you with a sneak preview of what else we have set up, under "communications", so that you are best prepared.
- Light cotton shirts & shorts / pants for daytime
- Lightweight but warm jacket for cool evenings
- Sun hat with wide brim
- Sun glasses
- Old jeans and shirt for riding the quads
- Comfortable shoes / hiking boots
- Warm clothing for winter evenings
- Swimming costume
- Binoculars (optional for when on walks)
- Insect repellent spray is provided but if you have a preferred brand, bring that
- Sun block or tanning lotion (also for when riding the quads)
- Writing and reading materials (although we have a small library of novels)
- Cell phone reception is fair, for the four cell-phone service providers;
- Visitors can be reached through our cell phones
- MTN and Vodacom signals are best (we have an MTN booster)
- E-mail & incoming fax facilities are available upon request
- Please note we have no land-line
Be prepared for a relaxing getaway. Time is your own and there is certainly no rushing around from one activity to another keeping to a tight schedule.
Sitemap of the Feathered Nest
In your suite you will be provided a map of the farm layout so you can take a route hiking and bird watching. Quad biking takes a different route, and which always led by a guide. Walking and bird watching is at your leisure.